Securitech, Inc. is a full service, employment background screening, tenant screening and investigative services company. Our executives have over 40 years of combined experience in corporate investigation services, security consulting and educating Human Resource Professionals. Securitech was instrumental in developing specific employment screening systems which are being used throughout the industry today and are considered to be standard industry practice.
You can be assured that our vast knowledge and experience of the employment screening and tenant screening industry will be the catalyst to your success in hiring the right people and permitting the right people to live in your housing complex.
In May of 1987 Securitech, Inc. was founded. Originally the goal was to use the Arizona Private Investigator License to conduct various internal investigations for a small number of Tucson business clients.
Shortly into the development of our business we found a niche market which was not being served. It was incredibly expensive to hire a private investigator to do a background check on anyone, let alone an individual going to work for our clients.
Our first real break came when we were hired to check an employee of a hospital. As there were only two of us at the time, my partner went to the courts to look at microfiche and archived paper court documents, while I made reference calls. That afternoon when we circled back, we both had developed a scary history on the applicant. It turns out our applicant had a very violent history. He ran over his buddy over a 6 pack of beer. Not only did he run him over, back backed up to make sure he hit him. The Department of Corrections personnel confirmed he was a “Group Leader” at the facility, but when asked if he was eligible for rehire, the response was, “Rehire? He was an inmate! Not only that, he is very dangerous, he is a very angry man and should not be around people.” The criminal records research confirmed his conviction and incarceration.
When we delivered the report to the Vice President, in person, he sank lower and lower into his chair. It turns out that the individual was not actually an applicant but an employee of the hospital. Further we learned the angry man had been put into the position of patient transport.
- Since that time Securitech has grown into the premier background screening company for Southern Arizona businesses.
- Securitech was a founding member of the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS).
- Securitech continues to provide limited private investigative services to its existing clients.
Butch Hite Bio
Butch went into the United States Air Force immediately after graduating from Santa Rita High School. He served in the Security Police field for 10 years. After suffering a severe back injury, while on active duty, he was medically discharged.
Upon his return to Tucson finding a job with the history of a back injury, was difficult. Butch took a job as a security guard making $3.35 per hour. Within 6 months of being hired he moved up in the company to an Operations Manager position. 6 months later Butch was promoted to a General Manager, and then on to a Regional Manager with one of the largest Security Companies in the country.
Through mergers and acquisitions, Butch found his position was not so secure. He ventured out on his own, founding Hite Security in 1984. He built a very successful local security guard and patrol operation, which was sold in 1989. During his time with Hite Security he has earned the CPP (Certified Protection Professional) designation from the American Society of Industrial Security.
Working in the security guard business, Butch found it necessary to expand his horizons and became an Arizona Licensed Private Investigator. In 1987 he joined up with Securitech, Inc. and Ron Oberholtzer to expand the Investigative business in Tucson. Securitech became the premier background screening company to Southern Arizona and has been for over 27 years.
- Butch is a founding member of the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) organization.
- He served in the past as the National Education Chairman for the association.
- Butch has been a very active volunteer in the Tucson community.
- Butch served on the Board of Directors of La Frontera Inc. for over ten years. He served as the La Frontera Board President for 2 of those years.
- He has served on the Tucson Police Foundation Board of Directors. Also Butch was on the Board of Directors for the USS Tucson.
- Butch has been the Chairman for the Tucson Chapter of the American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS). He has volunteered as the allied representative to the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA).
- He has been an active member of the Society of Human Resource Managers (SHRM) for over 15 years.
- Butch has been a volunteer high school coach in Tucson for over 20 years. He has coached Football, Basketball, Baseball, Track & Field and Golf.